Computer Systems Technician
Full Time Job Opening – 35 hours per week
The Computer Systems Technician is responsible for all aspects of technology for the Library and its branches. Additionally, this individual plans for future technology needs, provides digital literacy training to patrons and staff, and serves as a liaison for technology vendors and ILS representatives. This individual also supervises the Computer Lab Assistant(s). This position may have occasional evening and/or Saturday hours.
Full job description is available here: Computer Systems Technician Job Description. Position is open until filled.
Position Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Maintains, replaces, and ensures smooth functioning, including disaster recovery, of library technology and equipment
- Updates and maintains website and web-based services as necessary
- Responsible for maintenance, creation, backup, and recovery of databases
- Serves as the primary point of contact for technical vendors and ILS technical support
- Makes recommendations for new technology and trains staff in their use
- Assists patrons with the use of library software and equipment
- In coordination with Library Administration: hires, oversees training, mentors, directs, motivates, supervises and evaluates Computer Lab Assistant(s)
- High school diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Computer Information Systems from accredited university preferred
- Customer service experience is required; minimum one year library experience is preferred.
- Valid Driver’s license
Salary range starts at $35,490 depending on qualifications. Benefits include generous paid leave policy, life insurance, deferred compensation plan (retirement), and telecommuting (must meet eligibility requirements). 35 hour work week.
Position open until filled.
To submit an application, please follow this link: Adult Job Application.