Your Library Card
A library card is the ticket to many of the services we offer. Use it to:
- Check out books, DVDs, music CDs, and more
- Renew your checked out material online
- Use online databases from home or work
- Check out eBooks, downloadable Audiobooks or Music
Apply for a Library Card
Evergreen Indiana Card for Decatur County Residents.
All residents of Decatur County, as well as non-resident property owners, are entitled to a ‘free’ Evergreen Indiana Library card. This card can be obtained at any of the Greensburg – Decatur County Public Library locations: Greensburg Library, Westport Branch and Bookmobile.
Juvenile Cards in Decatur County
The Greensburg – Decatur County Public Library will issue library cards to minors 5 years and older. Parents or guardians must present proper identification in order for card to be issued.
Proper Identification is one of the following:
- a valid Indiana Driver’s License which displays a current address;
- valid Indiana State ID which displays a current address; or
- a current government issued photo ID.
If the presented Proper Identification does not display a current address, the applicant must present one item from the Approved List in addition to the Indiana Driver’s License, Indiana State ID or other government issued photo ID presented as Proper Identification. The ID presented from the Approved List must include a current address.
Approved List of ID includes:
- valid voter registration card,
- valid current government issued ID (e.g., military ID, passport),
- bank statement issued within the last 60 days,
- utility bill issued within the last 60 days, or
- property tax receipt.
PINs (Personal Identification Numbers)
Your library card comes with a PIN (Personal Identification Number) which you will need to access many of our services.
- Forgot your PIN? Request a new PIN by email (this can take up to three business days) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Need to change your PIN? Visit your account settings.
- Still can’t log in? Contact us »
Keep Your Account Updated
If your contact information changes, keep the Library informed so we can continue to deliver notices in a timely fashion. Library cards are set to expire every three years so that we can keep information up to date.
What if I lose my card or it’s stolen?
Call us immediately if your card is lost (812) 663-2826. You are responsible for any materials checked out on a lost card until you let us know it is missing. Replacement cards are $2.
I have an Evergreen Indiana card from another library. Can I use it at the Greensburg – Decatur County Public Library?
Yes! You can use our library. If you move to Decatur County, you will need to update your library card. Also, in order to use our online databases and downloadable content you must have a Greensburg – Decatur County Public Library card. Yearly memberships are $40 (effective 4/1/2012). Please contact the library for more information!
Can I get a card if I don’t live in Decatur County?
Yes! Anyone who can establish identity and verify their current address can purchase a non-resident card. Yearly memberships are $40 (effective 4/1/2012) and entitle users to all library services.
Reciprocal Borrower Agreements
The Greensburg – Decatur County Public Library currently holds two reciprocal borrowing agreements with area libraries. These agreements are with the Bartholomew County Public Library and the Rushville Public Library. Reciprocal borrower agreements allow patrons from our library to get a card at either of these participating libraries and vice versa.
To qualify for a reciprocal borrower card, patrons will need:
- A valid library card from their ‘home’ library, and
- A photo ID with current address, or a piece of mail which verifies the address
These cards are good for one year from date of issue. They must be renewed annually.
There are a few restrictions placed on reciprocal borrower cards. Patrons with reciprocal borrower cards will not have access to:
- The full Evergreen Indiana consortium, only the Greensburg – Decatur County Public Library system
- Overdrive – eIndiana Digital Consortium (this is the service which supplies eBooks and downloadable audiobooks)
Patrons who are interested in access to Overdrive or the full Evergreen Indiana Consortium, must purchase a non-resident card