Hello, and thank you for your interest in the Open Source Self Checkout Project! Below are some resources to get you started on your way:
- Start here! Teton County Library’s guides for setup and installation – This guide is written for Windows XP, but the steps transfer very well to Win 7.
- Note that for Step 3 in this guide, Evergreen Indiana libraries will want to download the following software package instead of the one the guide points to: Open Source Checkout Code (for Evergreen Indiana)
- In step 8d, the adress of your self-checkout software should be http://localhost/selfcheck (or something very similar – you can optionally omit the http://)
- Open Source Checkout Code (for Evergreen Indiana) – If you are a member of the Evergreen Indiana consortium, try this code first.
- Eric Melton’s Open Source Checkout Code – If you are not an Evergreen Indiana library, or if you are having trouble with the Evergreen code, feel free to check out the original Open Source Self Checkout project.
- WAMP Server
- Depending on your version of Windows, you may need to install several Visual Studio C++ Redistributable files.
- Teton County Library Self-Checkout Presentation – Another description of the self-checkout software couched within a narrative of one library’s quest to build their own self-checkout machine.
- Conlin Durbin, for tons of help getting the project setup and working!
- Eric Melton, for creating the software and answering lots of questions.
- Teton County Public Library in Jackson, Wyoming, for their fantastic how-to guide write-up.
Please feel free to contact me here.