Hello, and thank you for your interest in the Open Source Self Checkout Project! Below are some resources to get you started on your way:
- Start here! Teton County Library’s guides for setup and installation – This guide is written for Windows XP, but the steps transfer very well to Win 7.
- Note that for Step 3 in this guide, Evergreen Indiana libraries will want to download the following software package instead of the one the guide points to: Open Source Checkout Code (for Evergreen Indiana)
- In step 8d, the adress of your self-checkout software should be http://localhost/selfcheck (or something very similar – you can optionally omit the http://)
- Open Source Checkout Code (for Evergreen Indiana) – If you are a member of the Evergreen Indiana consortium, try this code first.
- Eric Melton’s Open Source Checkout Code – If you are not an Evergreen Indiana library, or if you are having trouble with the Evergreen code, feel free to check out the original (and, in all likelihood, much more openly compatible) Open Source Self Checkout project.
- Teton County Library Self-Checkout Presentation – Another description of the self-checkout software couched within a narrative of one library’s quest to build their own self-checkout machine.
- Conlin Durbin, for tons of help getting the project setup and working!
- Eric Melton, for creating the software and answering lots of questions.
- Teton County Public Library in Jackson, Wyoming, for their fantastic how-to guide write-up.
Please feel free to contact me here.