This guide is a work in progress and continually being updated! If you have any questions, suggestions, or problems, please report them using the contact form at the bottom of this page.
Please click here to access Greensburg’s Wireless Printing system. If this link does not work, you may not be connected to Greensburg Library’s Public WiFi Access Point. Navigate to your device’s WiFi settings, join the wireless network “GPL,” and try clicking this link again. If you need any assistance, please see the computer lab supervisor or stop by the circulation desk.
1) Login with your Patron ID and Password. Your Patron ID is your 14 digit library barcode number, with no spaces. The password is same one associated with your Evergreen library account. If you do not know your Evergreen password, please stop by the circulation desk and set up a new password. If you do not have an Evergreen library card, please visit the circulation desk and ask for a wireless guest pass.
If you have already installed your desired printer, or if you are on an iOS device, please skip to step 6.
2) To install the public black and white printer on a Windows Vista or Windows 7 computer, you should be able to download and run the spot.bat script to automatically install the printer.
It is very likely your computer will alert you that the publisher of the file is not verified and/or ask you for administrative privileges, this is normal! Click OK to continue with the installation. When the script is running, you should see the following window:
When that window disappears, your printer should be installed. The name of the printer is “GPL_BW.”
3) To install the public black and white printer on a desktop operating system others than Windows Vista or Windows 7, instead navigate to your list of printers and choose the “Add a printer” option. Follow the pictures below to install the printer on your device:
If you do not want to type the printer name and address in, you may copy it here and paste it into the printer name box: http://192.168.5.1:631/printers/GPL_BW
*=If no option exists for Lexmark MS410dn XL, try selecting Lexmark e460DN instead. If neither option is available, please download the Driver: [LMADTP40.inf] from the wireless login page. Then instead of selecting Lexmark and MS410dn XL, click the “Have Disk” button and navigate to the file you downloaded.
4) To install the public color printer on a Windows Vista or Windows 7 computer, follow the same procedure as step 2) above, only download and run the install.bat file. When the installer is finished, the name of the printer will be “GPL_Color.”
5) To install the public color printer on a desktop operating system others than Windows Vista or Windows 7, follow the same procedure as step 3) above, with the following changes: Instead of “Lexmark MS410Dn,” install the printer, “HP ColorLaserjet CP3505.” If manually typing the printer name and address, use http://192.168.5.1:631/printers/GPL_COLOR for the name.
6) Open the file you wish to print, and have your device print to either “GPL_BW” (Black & White printer), or “GPL_Color” (Color Printer).
7) Greensburg Library uses a pre-pay system for printing, so you will need to add money to your print account before you can finish printing your files. Money can be added to your printing account at the circulation desk. If printing with an Evergreen library account, money will remain in your print account between visits. If printing with a guest pass, however, money will disappear from your account after your session ends, and in such cases we are regrettably unable to issue refunds! If printing with a guest pass, please be sure and only place the exact amount on your printing account! If you have any questions or concerns, please speak with a public service assistant or computer lab supervisor before printing any documents or adding any money to your print account.
Black & white pages are $0.10 per page, while color pages are $0.25 per page. Duplexing is available, but each side is counted as one page. For example, a four page black & white duplex document printed on both sides of two sheets of paper is $0.40, the same as four single-sided pages. When printing, please consider the environment and choose to print double-sided when possible!
8) Finally, stop by the Print Release Station just outside of the computer lab and login with the same account you used to access our wireless printing page (library barcode number & password or guest ID). A list of printable documents will be displayed. Select the document(s) you wish to print, one at a time, and then press the print button. A box displaying your print account balance, the number of pages to be printed, and the total cost of the print job will display. Click print one last time to release your documents to the respective printer in the computer lab.