Youth Services Clerk
Part-time Job Opening
- Hours are 4:00 PM – 8:30 PM Monday thru Thursday
- May include some Saturday hours
- Averages 18 hours per week
The Youth Services Clerk position provides friendly customer service in the Children’s room. Other tasks include: check in/out of library materials, updating patron records, handling fee transactions, shelving library materials, resolving patron issues, and working with the Evergreen Indiana library computer program.
Full job description available here: Youth Services Clerk job description.
Position Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Performs basic circulation functions, including but not limited to: checking library materials in and out; registering patrons for library cards; looking up items; collecting and recording fines/fees; placing holds and/or requesting materials for patrons
- Effectively communicates using various technology and assists patrons with basic technology needs including computer help, faxing, copy machine help and answering/transferring phone calls
- Provides high quality customer service by assisting patrons in a timely and friendly manner; providing reader’s advisory service; looking up materials for patrons; resolving patron account problems; assisting patrons with reference questions and/or other basic questions or find the appropriate person to answer the question
- Ability to work independently or in a group at the circulation desk; willingness to perform other work related tasks as assigned
- Promotes Library services and programs and signs patrons up for services and programs including meeting room use
- Assists in the daily operation of the Library as a whole including opening and closing the Library, accurately shelving materials and shelf reading as needed; processing and repairing materials as needed; and keeping all informative forms up to date and available for patron use
To submit an application, please follow this link: Adult Job Application.