Public Services Clerk
Part-time Job Opening – 9-20 hours per week
The Public Services Clerk position provides friendly customer service at all service desks, including main circulation and the children’s room. Tasks include check in/out of library materials, issuing library cards, updating patron records, handling fee transactions, shelving library materials, resolving patron issues, working with the Evergreen Indiana library computer program, and assisting patrons with basic technology needs.
Full job description available here: Public Services Clerk job description.
Position Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Performs basic circulation functions, including but not limited to: checking library materials in and out; registering patrons for library cards; looking up items; collecting and recording fines/fees; placing holds and/or requesting materials for patrons; handling Evergreen transits by packing, unpacking, and sorting Evergreen pick-up and delivery through the courier service
- Effectively communicates using various technology and assists patrons with basic technology needs including computer help, faxing, copy machine help and answering/transferring phone calls
- Provides high quality customer service by assisting patrons in a timely and friendly manner; providing reader’s advisory service; looking up materials for patrons; resolving patron account problems; assisting patrons with reference questions and/or other basic questions or find the appropriate person to answer the question
- Ability to work independently or in a group at the circulation desk; willingness to perform other work related tasks as assigned
- Promotes Library services and programs and signs patrons up for services and programs including meeting room use
- Assists in the daily operation of the Library as a whole including opening and closing the Library, accurately shelving materials and shelf reading as needed; processing and repairing materials as needed; and keeping all informative forms up to date and available for patron use
To submit an application, please follow this link: Adult Job Application.